BOA, Ray Dalio, Charlie Munger, Grantham, Dent, Gundlach and Wesbury are all bearish and it seems that no one is listening– price will tell us in time.
S&P500 lows for the bear market 2022/2023
This is not trading or investment advice – this is educational information using Algo Futures Trader 8 swing pivots indicator for NinjaTrader 8 on a weekly chart to derive levels from the AFT Swing Pivots Indicator and the built NinjaTrader 8 Fib Retracement drawing too.. to get your copy for free visit Downloads
Price action will tell us what the market does -that is the only single source of truth – market price. However we can project levels of historical price points for a view of where the market might go to and bounce or break and this provides additional analysis and clarity of the bigger picture.
- S1)3639 current support from initial leg down.
- S2)3450 retrace and then a down to the 50% level from the COVID era low to high
- S3) 3200/3100/3000 pre COVID high as a significant bubble deflation level
- For a bubble burst we will know within 6months
- S4)2700 2680 76.8% retrace
- S5)2600/2500 figure
- 2600 is a 50% retrace from low of 2009 to high of 2020
- For a super bubble meltdown – COVID Low
- S7)2100/2000 – 2100 is a 61.8% retrace from low of 2009 to high of 2020 and COVID low
- For the all time super bubble super meltdown
- S8)1700/1600 – 2016 Zone pre trump rally.
Looking at the Monthly Chart S&P500 levels of Support
- 2600 – the 50% retracement from the low of 2009 to the high of 2020 is the 2600 zone…
- 2100 and a 61.8% retracement and COVID low – what a combo!!!
- Below this the Pre Trump Rally Levels 1600 zone.
Summary of levels
- Retest bounce or break current swing low support level of 3639
- Retest of the 50% retrace of COVID low to all time high – 3450
- Below this a 61% retrace and pullback COVID rally bull flag base – 3200
- It is conceivable a flash down and bounce at 2000/2500 levels could occur
- Time will tell via price action -that is the one single truth of all opinions.
A Day Traders Perspective
Our interest is only volatility up or down we don’t care the direction, ideally tradeable volatility not the frothy volatility that can be seen in the typical bear market. Trading the NYSE Session breakout EMini micro equity indices futures has never been so easy due to the large ranges and high prices, however at the same time the market enters periods where nothing seems to work…
So the import thing is to not overtrade – bank money, leave some powder dry and always remember the trend is your friend until the end – let winners run, time honored methods including trend correlations, higher time frame analysis, news catalysts and more – join us for free and see how good you are as a trader risk free learning on the sim in the real market with free coaching every weekday 9.15EST to 11.30EST – for more info visit automated trading systems
For more technicals, econ news and insights on the market you can join us and read it from the inside track in the Free Day Trading Group for Futures Traders from our resident financial systems economist.